Overall Percent of Clicks and Relative Click Volume
Here’s a diagnosis of the number of clicks each spot on Google Page One Ranking per year
1. 42.13%, 2,075,765 clicks
2. 11.90%, 586,100 clicks 3.5x less
3. 8.50%, 418,643 clicks 4.9x less
4. 6.06%, 298,532 clicks 6.9x less
5. 4.92%, 242,169 clicks 8.5x less
6. 4.05%, 199,541 clicks 10.4x less
7. 3.41%, 168,080 clicks 12.3x less
8. 3.01%, 148,489 clicks 14.0x less
9. 2.85%, 140,356 clicks 14.8x less
10. 2.99%, 147,551 clicks 14.1x less
1st page totals: 89.82%, 4,425,226 clicks
2nd page totals: 10.18%, 501,397 clicks
What it means financially to be a Page One Ranking on google
Let’s breakdown some stats. If you got a Page 1 rank of 5 you would received 242,169 clicks (based on the Google Statistics above). If you sold a product for $50 and had a pull through rate of 15% that would come out to $1,453,014 annually for a page 5 ranking. For a page 1 ranking = $15,568,237 annually. Those numbers are big! So let’s do the math for page two, this averages around $340,000 annually. Page 3 would breakdown to less than $50,000 annually. These numbers may seem high from Google, but I hope you can see the math behind the logic. Also clicks could range based on your business and the cost of your product, but you could see the deviation based on Google’s Statistics.
As you can see, ranking on page one of Google is where your business must be. You must want and need to be on page 1 to do business in Today’s Online Market.
Is a Page One Ranking on Google Expensive?
Well that depends if you employ a SEO company that will charge you 10′s of thousands of dollars or you can do it yourself. a great number of SEO’s will start you out for little or no money then charge you royalty fee’s once your page get’s ranked on page 1. You still have to do all the work, write your article, take photos, provide video, and so on.
most people presume that ranking on page 1 is difficult, it is if you do not know what you are doing. But it’s easy and simple once you got down the fundamentals. most people spend time, energy, and money on developing a website to only get pushed back to page 4 or even page 10.
Basic tips to assist you get Page One Ranking on Google
These are a few fundamental notes that anyone could use to gain ranking on Google. They may not get you ranked in the #1 spot, but at least you will be ranked greater than if you didn’t use these ideas at all.
1. Keyword Niches and Positioning: nearly all people go after the main Keyword such as Toyota. Try using Toyota Sedan or Best Toyota Sedan Reviews. Using Google’s Keyword Tool can help you pick out your keyword or niche. Niches could bring in more traffic to your website then competing with the Toyota business for positioning for the Keyword: Toyota. I personally use a special tool to find the keywords I need to rank high.
2. Posts on Social Sites: Posting on Social websites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and LinkedIn are just a few but the most attractive. If you are not doing this, then you must appoint a person in your office to manage these websites. Or if you are a smaller company start out by using Facebook and Twitter and do not pass over Google’s Plus 1, add it to your website. We’ll get into that later.
3. Develop Backlinks to your Site: Backlinks are like votes for your sites. Quality backlinks weight more than quantity, keep that in mind. You can read more on my Blog about Backlinks at www.workwithshawnandwade.com .
4. Page Content: Writing unique content or descriptions that is relevant to your site. Google loves natural content and make sure you add 3-5% of your keywords inside your editorial or description.
There are a few more key elements that is needed to get a page one ranking on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. It’s very easy and I will be showing you how.